Grandparent Rights in Ocean County, NJ
In the state of New Jersey, we are one of the few states that will legally allow grandparents visitation rights to their grandchildren even if a custodial parent doesn't want their child to spend time with them. Grandparents do have a right to visitation of their grandchildren if it is proven that the visitation is in the best interest of the child. Proving this in court, can be difficult. Our Ocean County grandparent rights attorneys have experience in protecting your rights, regardless of how difficult or challenging the case may be.
Our aggressive, tough litigation strategy will include these following focus points:
- Your relationship with the child
- Whether there has ever been a history of abuse or neglect on your part
- The frequency of contact you have had with the child
- The time that has elapsed since you last had contact
- The visitation agreement that exists between the parents, if the parents are divorced or separated
- Your relationship with each of your grandchild's parents
- The effect that visitation will have on the relationship between the child and parent
Aside from preserving grandparent visitation, at the Law Offices of Jef Henninger, Esq., we have aided clients against DYFS cases where their grandchildren may end up in foster care. If you are facing DYFS or any other issue regarding grandparent visitation, contact our tenacious grandparent rights attorneys today!